The Scriblerian and the Kit-Cats
The opportunity to develop and deliver these lectures was most welcome and I am particularly obliged to Larry Siedentop and Mark Philp for the invitation and the arrangements. I am grateful also to the Warden and Fellows of Nuffield College and the Warden and Fellows of All Souls College for office accommodation and living accommodation during my eight weeks in Oxford, and to Suzanne Byrch for administrative arrangements. A substantial extract from Chapters 3 and 8 of this book was delivered as the Spring University Lecture at Columbia University.
It was an honor to be able to present some of these arguments under the great cupola of Columbia's Low Library.
2008-2009 Lecture Series
In respect of the revision phase, my greatest debt is to Richard Fisher of Cambridge University Press for his patience and encouragement. An unknown error has occurred. Please click the button below to reload the page. If the problem persists, please try again in a little while. Project MUSE promotes the creation and dissemination of essential humanities and social science resources through collaboration with libraries, publishers, and scholars worldwide.
- Job Creation and Poverty Reduction in India: Towards Rapid and Sustained Growth.
- God, Locke, and Equality: Christian Foundations in Locke's Political Thought.
- Similar books and articles;
- Locke, John: Political Philosophy | Internet Encyclopedia of Philosophy?
LOG IN. The Scriblerian and the Kit-Cats.
Two Treatises of Government - Wikipedia
In lieu of an abstract, here is a brief excerpt of the content: more, and Wills provided the decoration for the room where the governors met, and established the hospital as a center of art and a public attraction. If you would like to authenticate using a different subscribed institution that supports Shibboleth authentication or have your own login and password to Project MUSE.
- Higher Education Reformed (New Millennium Series).
- Judgement and Salvation: The Composition and Redaction of Micah 2-5.
- The Theological Basis of John Locke’s Political Thought!
- Customer Reviews.
- Navigation menu.